To get your AirBolt GPS working properly, there are a few key steps to follow.
Here are some key aspects to check to help get your AirBolt GPS to report location.
1. First and foremost, to get location updates you need to have activated your Subscription. If you haven't already done so, then you can either click activate by going to device in the app and clicking the Activate Button. Or you can do so by going to manage.theairbolt.com, logging in, clicking your device, then next to the locate button the three dots "...", device settings and update plan.
Note: Also check if the country is covered by see What Countries are Supported/Covered
2. Ensure your GPS is charged - at the very minimum, when plugged in for charging, the Red light on the GPS should fade in and out.
3. Ensure you are using the latest software. We are constantly improving the GPS's features and fixes any bugs. To get the best accuracy, it is very important you have the latest software. To update the software please see
How do I update the Software on my GPS
Most of the time, the above steps will get you going.
Some further elements you should check
4. Where and how are you using your GPS? The GPS get's the most accurate signal when outdoors. When indoors you may not get a signal and hence, will end up reverting to Cellular Backup.
NOTE: Cellular backup will only turn on and report if you have it activated from the settings. If this is off, you will not see a location. You also get a limited number of cellular back ups a month, so if this has run out, again, you won't be able to see the location.
To understand this, a good article to refer to is Positioning your GPS to get the best signal and using Cellular location
5. Try to reset your GPS. To do this, go to your app, click your device, and open more settings. There should be button saying "Reset GPS". Press that and that should get you going.
NOTE: If you don't see the button please do the following to reset the GPS
Hold the button on it for 15-20 seconds, until it beeps 3 times. Wait 5 minutes, then plug it in for charge for at least 10 minutes.
If problems persist, please reach out to us on email@example.com