Congratulations on your purchase and welcome back or if you are new, welcome to the AirBolt Family!
Your AirBolt GPS would have received a small manual outlining the steps on setting up your AirBolt GPS.
We highly recommend you read it because it has some really important information on using your AirBolt GPS.
SETTING UP YOUR GPS:
PART 1: GET YOUR GPS CHARGED UP
- Please ensure your GPS is fully charged before performing the steps below – a full charge takes about 4 hours using a USB-C charger. Please do not plug it into a high-power fast charger.
- Your AirBolt GPS will display different charging behaviour depending on how charged it is
- When plugged in, it should typically flash red briefly and will continue to do so every few seconds. The caveat here is that if it is extremely low, it may take sometime for it to start flashing.
- When charging is about half way, the red charge light will change from a flash to a fade-in, fade-out
- When fully charged, the light will turn off
PART 2: ADD YOUR GPS TO YOUR APP
NOTE: Please give the app all requested permissions as it needs them to ensure the best experience of your device. You will need an internet connection to complete these steps.
- Please download the app for either iOS or Android using the relevant app store or scan QR code below
2. If you don’t have an account, please register for one
3. You will receive a verification email , please verify your email – if you haven’t received this email , please do check your junk/spam folder.
4. Once signed up, you can now login
5. To pair your AirBolt GPS please press the “+” button and select the AirBolt GPS from the device list.
6. Plug in your GPS and press the button on it as shown in the picture
7. Press next. The app will search for AirBolt GPS
8. Once found, you will be able to add a picture and name it.
9. Once you have named your AirBolt and selected a picture click next and you will be prompted to Activate your GPS
PART 3: ACTIVATE YOUR GPS
For you to be able to use your tracking features using GPS and back up cellular you must activate your GPS. Your GPS comes with a built in e-sim to enable cellular connections. A connection is important so the device can send information back to you (such as location, temperature, alerts etc)
- Click activate and it will load the available plans for you.
2. Once you have selected a plan, and completed the payment, please click done. See below for what happens next!
NOTE: It usually takes up to 15 minute for the GPS to activate (but in some cases it can take up to 6 hours)
IMPORTANT - WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THE FOLLOWING TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS!
So, what’s next? The AirBolt GPS is a highly versatile device with loads of features. It is best to have a look at some information below so you can really make the most of your experience. There are three main things it is best to get an understanding.
Optimising for Responsiveness VS Optimised for Battery
Once you activate you GPS you will then be prompted to setup your device to be Responsive mode or Battery Optimised mode. This is crucial to understand so that you can make the most of your GPS.
Positioning your GPS to get the best signal and using Cellular location:
For getting accurate GPS location, you need to use the device facing upwards outdoors. If it is indoors it is very unlikely you will get a GPS Signal and the device will revert to cellular triangulation which reduces accuracy.
Setting up a Reporting Schedule:
For getting accurate GPS location, you need to use the device facing upwards outdoors. If it is indoors it is very unlikely you will get a GPS Signal and the device will revert to cellular triangulation which reduces accuracy s
Note once again, this is highly encouraged as if these is not understood, your experience with the GPS may be suboptimal.